Sunday, May 9, 2010

Our Basement: Painting

Well, Joe was gone for 2 weeks in Guatemala and I decided to fix up our basement.  It was in desperate need of a new coat of paint and rearrangement.  After much deliberation, I decided on two different shades of a gray with blue tones.  I cut out pieces of paper on a small scale in the shape of the items that we had for out room: couch, pub table, two pub stools, beverage cabinet, coffee table, bookshelf, TV and dart board.  I arranged the items in a scaled room in order to figure out the best set-up.  My dad came for a few days to help me paint and get the room set up for Joe's big surprise. Here's the layout I came up with using http://www.planyourroom.com/:



The colors I chose for the room include two different shades.  Choosing this color all began when I had gathered a bunch of color cards to decide what color to paint our living room, kitchen and dining room.  I sneakily asked the hubby what color he would want to paint the basement if we painted the living room a neutral beige or tan.  He picked a blue gray color so I went with it. I picked a bunch of sample color cards up for similar colors and chose the best one for the room. I found the winning colors from Home Depot, BEHR Paint.



The room looks fabulous and I can't wait to finish it up with a new TV and sound system as well as all the decor hung up.  We're still working on a new couch, probably a reclining, black leather sofa.  I LOVE IT!

1 comment:

  1. Great paint colors! You know I love gray! I can't wait to see the finished room. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you!