Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day

A Veteran is someone, who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and including, their life. That is beyond honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer remember that fact.

Freedom is definitely NOT free.

Freedom is fought for day in and day out by those who serve in our Armed Services.  I was lucky enough to grow up as a daughter of an Army service member.  I feel privileged to have so many people in my life who sacrifice or have sacrificed everything to allow me to have the freedoms that I have today.  I can personally thank the following people who have had an influence in my life.

Thank you Grandpa Blew.  You never spoke of the days of your service, but I remember you and your buddies at this time every year for your bravery in the Battle of the Bulge, WWII.  I love and miss you.

Thank you Dad.  You and mom always were great role models and taught me to be a grateful American Citizen.

Thank you A. Foster, J. Kovach, J. Hines, C. Sloan, Blood, J. Senft, W. Viegas, B. Spohr, J. Rapone, S. Rapone, R. Rapone, J. Deehr, C. Moline, K. Ralston, B. Ralston, B. Stone, A. Martin,  and many more that I know I'm forgetting.  You are my all friends.  I thank you and think of you often as you are serving our country. 

Thank you B. Smith.  You were a true hero who gave the ultimate sacrifice.  You will never be forgotten for being a hero. 

Thank you Hubby.  You are my friend, and my rock.  You get me through the trials in our lives and you celebrate with me the joys.  You are humble, smart, caring, and many other things.  You are a veteran.

Have you thanked a veteran today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you!