Saturday, May 7, 2011

Two hobbies at once? Genius!

So if someone asked me today to name three hobbies I love to do more than anything else I would respond with baking, reading and sewing (in no particular order).  A while ago I discovered the reality of combining two of my favorite hobbies: Reading and Baking.  I understand what you may be thinking: "Don't you have to read recipes to bake?"  Yeah, but just stay with me here for a minute.  


I hope some of you have heard by now of the author Joanne Fluke.  If not, she has a whole series of murder mystery books based around a bakery that the character Hannah Swensen owns.  I ran across this series one day when I was wondering around the bookstore with my mom.  And by the way, yes, I wonder around bookstores quite often just to look.  No buying though.  Just adding to the never ending list of books I'd like to read that is becoming pretty much impossible to ever completely get through.  Anyways, I found this series and just knew I HAD to read it.


Here's a current list of the books in the series (pulled from her website here):


Book 1 --  CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE MURDER
Book 2 --  STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE MURDER
Book 3 --  BLUEBERRY MUFFIN MURDER
Book 4 --  LEMON MERINGUE PIE MURDER
Book 5 --  FUDGE CUPCAKE MURDER
Book 6 --  SUGAR COOKIE MURDER
Book 7 --  PEACH COBBLER MURDER
Book 8 --  CHERRY CHEESECAKE MURDER
Book 9 --  KEY LIME PIE MURDER
Book 10 -- CARROT CAKE MURDER
Book 11 -- CREAM PUFF MURDER
Book 12 -- PLUM PUDDING MURDER
Book 13 -- APPLE TURNOVER MURDER
Book 14 -- DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE MURDER


To me, the best part is that each of these books has multiple recipes in it!!!!  So I've decided that I'm going to bake the recipes as I come to them.  Which means that I'm going to be baking about 10 recipes in 3-4 weeks.


I'm very excited!


(Everyone I work with and my Husband are excited too!)


So here we begin with Book 1 -- Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder.


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you!