Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Twin Chocolate Delights - Hannah Swensen Style

I've been playing around with more of Hannah's recipes. I'm not cooking them in the order I read them, but I'm having a great time picking and choosing according to my mood.  This recipe was tasty and didn't stay around my house for long.


Twin Chocolate Delights
Joanne Fluke, Blueberry Muffin Murder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, rack in the middle position.

1 cup butter (2 sticks - melted)
2-1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup cocoa (unsweetened, for baking)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoons alt
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 beaten eggs
3 cups flour
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
2 cups chocolate chips

Melt butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add the sugar and mix. Then add the cocoa, soda, salt, and vanilla and stir until smooth. Add the beaten eggs and stir thoroughly. Mix in the flour, the chopped nuts (if you want them), and then the chocolate chips.

Place rounded teaspoons of dough on a greased cookie sheet, 12 to a standard sheet. (They'll flatten out as you bake them.)

Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to complete cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you!