Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Stripes in the Sewing Room

I remember the first time I entered my sister's house.  One of the first things I noticed was her striped wall in the living room.  The stripes were like nothing I'd ever seen before because they were all the same color, just different paint finishes: Flat and Semi-Gloss.  I love the contrast that was so simple.

Back when I was painting and re-arranging the basement (see here), a friend showed me the bathroom that the Petersik's painted. Here's their wonderful post and tutorial on their stripes.  I opted not to put them down there, but I just knew I had to put them somewhere.  

So here they make their appearance in my new Sewing Room! 


Pretty subtle right?  I just love sewing and ironing now, well not ironing.  I still have to work on that one.

Here's a peek at that corner to the right there. 


I'm so excited to finally have some stuff set-up in there.  That beautiful sewing table is from my Great Grandmother.  I feel so blessed to have it in my possession.  See, about 6 years ago, my parents had a garage sale and sold it because at the time I had no interest in sewing, nor did I have a place to keep it at college.  About a year ago they were helping their neighbors move and their neighbors gave it back to them! My parent's didn't even remember who'd bought it.

Anyways, it's definitely a beauty in the room. Now I just have to make room for my 1949 Singer that Hubby fixed up for me, and hang a bunch of art and other stuff on the walls.  So, what do you think so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you!