Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Our Patio: Before & After

Upon moving into our house we began our list of projects.  Under our deck we had a bedding full of ivy.  Now I understand that some people think ivy is pretty but seriously?
1. It NEVER stops growing
2. You can't kill it
3. It grows like Crazy taking over siding.
There's many more reasons but I'm getting worked up just thinking about it.

So Joe and I ripped up the Ivy
We (and I mean Joe) dug down 6-inches to place about 4-inches of clean rock and about 1 1/2-inches of sand underneath our beautiful pavers.

The final product is amazing.  We already had the patio furniture which looks lovely on our newly finished patio.  Joe worked really hard and now we have a lovely place to relax. I can't wait to have a big BBQ to celebrate all our hard work!  There are more things to be added, like a way to hang my fern. And I'm thinking garden boxes....

2 comments:

  1. Wow - what a job - I am itchy just thinking about pulling up all the ivy and other vines you had growing under your deck. It looks terrific now - major difference and worth all the time you put into it.
    My best- Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful transformation and so much hard work!! Great job you guys. We're officially green with envy. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you!