Saturday, June 18, 2011

Patriotic Decorations

The thing I love most about decorating for Memorial Day is knowing that it gets to stay up until after 4th of July.  Since we've moved into our home almost 2 years ago, I've gathered a few items containing stars & stripes.
Almost every item on our buffet is an everyday item.  The white tray we received as a wedding gift and was just sitting in a box tucked away in a cabinet until now.  The lace framing the flag plate was something we purchased on our honeymoon.  It adds such grace.  The pitcher is something we use whenever we have company and fits right in. The candles can be seen around for some other holidays too, and might even be decorated accordingly.  See the picture's on the wall? Those I'll be blogging about later.  It's our photo wall.
I LOVE how our table turned out.  After watching some awesome videos here and here made by Sherry from Young House Love and Katie from Bower Power, I took notes and this is the result.  The great thing is that the only thing actually holiday specific is the runner and I snagged that from Kohl's after the holiday last year for a whopping $10.  I originally bought it for the buffet, but it was WAY too long so I threw it on the table.  It looks fantastic if I do say so myself.  Oh yeah and see that beautiful candle in the middle? Yup, that's the unity candle from our wedding.

Are you putting together any decorations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you!