Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Simple DIY: Bridal Shower Decorations

The cake was picked, the cookie favors decided, the invitations sent, the RSVPs are rolling in and the party is in a week and a half.  Until now I had no decorations planned.  It wasn't that I haven't looked at ideas, I just hadn't found something that screams "Kelly!".  I finally found a simple decoration using things I already had that I could modify to fit the color scheme. Surprise, surprise, Martha Stewart helped.  Behold: Tissue Paper Pom-Poms!
I got the tutorial from here.  The tutorial was great and had very helpful pictures.  I found that to make it a full 360 degrees, two would probably have to be put together to make it look full.  I used them on the table so half was fine for what I needed. 

I didn't want to buy cloth wrapped floral wire so I just used some twist-ties from trash bags I didn't use.

Also, I found that it was easier to draw where you were going to cut before breaking out the scissors.  It really helped when cutting through the really thick layers.

They will be placed on the tables in sets of 2 or 3 along with some Hershey's kisses and clear rocks (re-used from our own wedding), a martini glass (borrowed from my sister) filled with red hots, and bowls (re-used from my sister's wedding) with m&ms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you!