Saturday, October 23, 2010

Kelly M & Michael's Wedding

I got to spend the weekend with one of my best friends!  Joe and I traveled back to St. Louis on Friday morning.  I was dropped off to meet the Bride-to-be and another bridesmaid for lunch.  Then we went and got manicures and pedicures with the Mother-of-the-Bride, Grandmother-of-the-Bride and the Maid-of-Honor.  That night we attended a Wedding Rehersal and beautiful Rehersal Dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory to begin our celebrations of the wedding of Michael and Kelly.  At the Rehersal Dinner we received these lovely wine favors!  The groom's dad makes wine and bottled these especially for the dinner tonight adorned with an engagement picture of the bride and groom.  I love the keepsake!








There are many definitions for the word LOVE.

Webster's Dictionary: strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties

The Bible: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Children: "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other." Karl - age 5



Today, Kelly and Michael professed their love for each other for family, friends and the world to see.  Their wedding ceremony was one of the most beautiful I've ever seen!  I may have even teared up during the sermon when the pastor read out loud letters they had written to each other.  The letters told of the love they have for each other and some of the events throughout their relationship.  Part of the reason I may have gotten glossy eyese was because this was similar to the sermon told at my own wedding.  Thoughts of happiness filled my head when the realization that the amazing and wonderful feelings I felt on my wedding were now being felt by one of my very best friends.  I was honored to stand up there as a bridesmaid to be a witness of their love.

Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you!