Friday, August 5, 2011

My 1st Quilt

If you know me at all you know that I love to sew!  I really enjoy spending time in my sewing room making something beautiful.  I've made many aprons for bridal showers, and some stuff around the house too.

Now that rush of our friends and family's weddings are over I decided it was time to learn to quilt so I could make some baby quilts.

A beautiful girl named Brooke Allison was the first youngster to come along. And there are more coming after, so I've got to get busy!

A friend of mine was making a baby quilt for her good friend who was preparing to have her first child also.  She'd made quilts before so I asked her many questions and she gave me this pattern from Quilt Taffy that she was using.  Quilt Taffy was even kind enough to provide a free printable pattern so go check it out. I thought it looked easy enough so that's what I made.



I attempted to embroider the baby's name on the quilt, but it didn't show up as much as I'd liked so I probably won't do that in the future.  I'm sure Brooke will enjoy this quilt for a long time.  Onto the next quilt. Any good starter pattern suggestions for other baby quilts?


Brooke
Photo courtesy of Brooke's mom, Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you!