Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Update: While I'm 25...

With only 4.5 months until my birthday, here's an update of my "list" (original post here):

- Lose 15 pounds
- Have a date with Joe that includes a picnic
- Bake a pie
        Lemon Meringue Pie from Lemon Meringue Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke – Made it at my mom’s the weekend I forgot my camera…oops. I’d never made one of these before and everyone who came to the bbq said it was wonderful! Yay me!
- Make homemade spaghetti sauce
Find a fantastic recipe for salsa and making it with veggies from my garden
        I made salsa just by throwing a bunch of stuff together.  I had about 2 cups peeled fresh tomatoes, ¼ cup chopped onion, 1 chopped jalapeno, 1 clove minced garlic, a little salt, and some fresh chopped cilantro.  It turned out fantastic!!  I can’t wait for more tomatoes to be ready!
- Bake a loaf of bread
- Visit a new city
         I just bought tickets to Louisville and Lexington in October to visit my bestie, Danielle.  Even though I’ve been there before to see family, I’ve never explored as a tourist.
Go to a concert
         Steel Magnolia – June 23
         The Band Perry – June 30
         Gloriana – July 7
         Randy Rogers Band with Reckless Kelly – July 14
         Corey Smith – July 28
         Kenny Chesney – July 30
- Run a 5K (and train for it first)
         Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure – August 14
- Make a menu for the week using my cookbooks, or at least Monday through Wednesday for the whole summer (Memorial Day through Labor Day)
         I’m doing a good job prepping for part of the week
- Write notes to friends
- Make homemade salad Dressing
- Blog at least 1x per week!
- Volunteer with an organization
         Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Shirt Pick-Ups - August 9 & 12
- Go to church more
Go to a Sporting KC Soccer game at their new stadium (I'm not sure when construction is going to be completed though – Opened June 9)
         Hubby and I went July 23 with some friends from work.  It was crazy hot, like 100 degrees. We were trying not to move and photos slipped my mind, but the stadium was really awesome.  I hope we can go again this season.
- Attend a Play, Symphony, or Orchestra Concert
- Make a little "Welcome" spot for visitors to our house
- Host a dinner party (or a BBQ?)
- Read 2 books a month (any suggestions?)
         June:  The Help, Decision Points
         July: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie…and ? (oops only 1 book!)
Plan a trip for "just the girls"
         Labor Day Weekend Trip with my Mom and Sister
- Get a pedicure with my mom
         Planning to do on the Girls Weekend Trip
- Make a fancy tiered cake (a reason isn't necessary)
- Tailgate at 6 Royals Games
         June 6 vs Toronto Blue Jays
         July 8 vs Detroit Tigers
         We better pick up the pace, season ends in September!
Ride a motorcycle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you!