Monday, June 14, 2010

The History of Flag Day

For the past few years I've been wondering what the purpose of Flag Day is.  Every year all the neighbors hang their flags out for everyone to see.  This year I looked it up.  Thanks to 'A website dedicated to the Flag of The United States of America' I now have my answer.

Essentially, June 14 is the day the US adopted The Stars and Stripes.  It is also considered the Flag's Birthday.

Who knew!?

After reading the website's history on Flag Day, I feel very let-down by my education.  I wish I would have been taught the meaning back in school.

Next year, I will be proudly displaying my flag with the rest of the country in celebration of the Flag's Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you!