Saturday, June 26, 2010

I MADE THE CUT!!!

Since middle school donating my hair is something I've always said I want to do.  Over 10 years later, I've finally got around to doing it. 

I decided back during the summer of 2008 that I would grow my hair longer for my upcoming wedding in May 2009.  I wanted my hair curled which would shorten it, but I didn't want it to look too short.  After our wedding I just couldn't find the right cut for me.  So I just let it keep growing and growing.  My hair is like magic.  I can cut my hair off 3 inches and it'll be back in 1-1/2 months. Not only does my hair grow abnormally fast, it is also extremely thick.  (Luckily though, it's not as thick as my sister's).

During the 2009 Holiday Season, I was talking with my best friend and Maid of Honor, Danielle.  She brought up the idea of donating her hair with another friend and I said "I'll do it, why not!?"  So we vowed that over 4th of July weekend 2009, 3 of us would go donate our hair. 

Due to all of our unexpected travel recently, my hubby and I decided not to go to STL for the holiday.  The thought of getting 10 inches cut off my hair without the support of my BFF, made me nauseous.  I'm extremely excited though because Danielle came to visit us!!!  So a week before originally planned, I donated my hair. Below is the after picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you!